Achievements of BCGVL
- New cGMP facility for manufacturing was taken over in March 2016.
- After undertaking trial and consistency batches, obtained Manufacturing and sale License in form 28D (Commercial License) from SLA for cGMP facility in October 2019.
- Production of commercial batches was initiated in December 2019.
- From July 2020, BCGVL started supplying BCG vaccine manufactured in cGMP compliant facility to Universal Immunization Programme (UIP).
- For Financial Year 2020-21, BCGVL supplied 170 lakh doses to Universal Immunization Programme (UIP).
- BCGVL supplied 270 lakh doses for FY 2021-2022.
- Established PCR based molecular biology technique for Genotypic Identification of BCG vaccine.
- Developed Green Belt in the BCG campus.